Welcome back to the second episode of my brand new podcast: The Homemaking Foundations Podcast –Where we give you the tools, inspiration, and encouragement you need to craft a Gospel-Centered Home. In case you missed it, you can listen in to episode #1 here: What Does it Mean to be a Homemaker?
I had the privilege of interviewing Katie Bennett from Embracing a Simpler Life in this inspiring episode. She is a mama of three little ones and knows what it means to juggle a full schedule and struggle with the motivation and organization of keeping a home. I walked away from interviewing her with so many ideas to implement into my own home – and I know you will find the same inspiration and practical tools from listening to this episode! (If you are reading this in your email, you might need to click over to my blog to listen to the episode)Right click here and save-as to download this episode to your computer.
If you have been waiting to listen to my new podcast through iTunes, then please be patient! It should be coming soon. We’ve had a little snag getting our feed just right (or something – you would have to ask my husband!) and iTunes takes a while to approve a show before it shows up but it’s coming soon I promise!
And I have to apologize – in the opening part of this episode, you can hear my cats meowing in the background! I didn’t even realize it when I was recording and you will probably notice it too now that I’ve pointed it out ;) Our kittens are LOUD and need to be fixed so we can send them outside haha.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- What it looks like when your home is out of control
- How to start implementing simple 1 minute tasks into your daily routines
- The importance of pairing down and decluttering so you can live the life you want
- The secret of managing your home effectively
- How to get started simplifying your home – TODAY!
Katie is a mom in the trenches with three kids under 4 and has such a strong focus on eternity and the Gospel. Once she began a journey of implementing simple homemaking routines and getting rid of junk, her life and her home really changed! In this episode, Katie is sharing her secrets on pairing down the stuff in your life so that you have more time to spend on the things that are truly important.
How do we figure out what we should be focusing on within our home? How do we even start to implement simple homemaking routines when our house feels out of control? Katie is going to give you some awesome inspiration in this episode for getting started with very simple and easy routines that can slip right into your life – wherever you are at!
Do you want to get a better handle on your home? Then get ready to be motivated to get rid of stuff and create a more manageable home.
Links & Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Sign up for my weekly podcast emails
- Katie Bennett from Embracing a Simpler Life
- How I’m Keeping My Home Tidier Than Ever, Even When Life Is at It’s Craziest Yet – Katie
- One Revolutionary Trick to Make Your Home Far More Manageable – Katie
- Find out more about Katie and sign up for her newsletter here (which will give you a FREE simple living inventory and goal setting worksheets)
- To get you started: Simplifying your refrigerator and freezer and Simplifying your utensil drawer
Thanks for Listening!
Thank you so much for listening in to my podcast. If you want to ask a question (that I will try to answer on the podcast) please leave me a voicemail below so I can feature you on the podcast and so I can cover what you want to hear! (Find out more about submitting a question here)